Welcome to the Fairmont Opera House!
Thank you for dropping by our online lobby. Make yourself at home as you explore the website for our historic performing and visual arts venue.
FOH Job Opening ~ Executive Director Our historic 113-year-old Fairmont Opera House, a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, is seeking a full-time executive director (ED). The 498-seat Opera House, in downtown Fairmont, MN, serves as a regional performing arts center. Its many facets of programming include a subscription concert series, children’s theatre workshops, community theatre, school plays and concerts and many rentals for community events and meetings.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in theatre arts/management, though all qualified applicants with demonstrated experience in business management and theatre tech will be considered. The ED will scout and book talent for the subscription concert series, finalize all contracts, have skills in grant writing, fundraising, excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Package, QuickBooks) from layout and design to bookkeeping. The ED must have good people skills in working with an administrative assistant, volunteers, patrons, and the board of directors. The ED will oversee and schedule building maintenance and must be adept at working with stage rigging, lighting and sound systems. Starting salary range: $40,000-$45,000, depending on qualifications. Paid vacation and sick leave. Starting date: mid-July. All resumes due by May 18th.
Applicants should send resumes to Robin Gillette, firstname.lastname@example.org
The history of this building dates back to 1901.
- Visit our photo gallery link for photos of the renovation. Click About-History tabs to view more photos and read about the history of the Fairmont Opera House
- Find out about how you may contribute to help maintain the Fairmont Opera House programming.
- Under the performances link you'll find out all about the shows for our current Subscription Series along with additional shows added throughout the year. You can also click on a You Tube video for a full-sound view of their talent. Tickets may be purchased here as well, securely, through PayPal.
- Check out our calendar link to find out what's happening at the opera house, beyond the subscription series, on a daily basis throughout the year.
- Sound, lighting and stage information for performers is detailed under Tech Specs.
- Using the contact link, you may contact the Opera House Staff via email. Our phone number and mailing address also are listed there.
- View the FOH Board of Directors here.
Enjoy your web tour of — your — Fairmont Opera House. Better yet, come visit us in person and make the FOH experience a part of your life!
Fairmont Opera House would like to thank all the volunteers who have dedicated themselves to the success of our efforts. FOH couldn't exist without you!
Gift certificates for shows are available
A Subscription Series makes a great gift for an office group.
The Fairmont Opera House is available for rental, call (507) 238-4900 for details.